Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Potty Training...

I sent Piper to daycare today with 9 pairs of panties all from Old Navy. Here's sample of three of them;
http://oldnavy.gapcanada.ca/browse/product.do?cid=44500&vid=1&pid=810498&scid=810498063
and an extra 5 pairs of pants.

Piper has pee'd a few times on the potty. And she most definitely understands the concept. Thankfully, her daycare providers are awesome and pretty much do all the dirty work. They set a timer for 5mins and once she pee or poops they up the timer  to 10mins, etc.

I was to curious to wait until I get home to see how my little baby girl was doing so I called her daycare at 11am. Piper had pee'd on the potty once and had no accidents (KNOCK ON WOOD).

I know there will be accidents and i'm prepared for them but I'm one proud Mama at the moment. I can't wait to go home and find out how the rest of her day went.

In a way I'm hoping she gets the hang of this and we are out of diapers, ASAP, but in away it really makes me miss the baby days. I can't believe my little girl will be 2 years old in 18 sleeps!

UPDATE: Had no accidents at daycare today. Woohoo! She pee'd twice at daycare. She had one accident at her grandma's she said pee, and started pee'ng before g-ma got her to the toilet. And she had one poop accident at home when I was cooking supper. Accidents, are bound to happen! But i'm very proud that she went 8hours accident! I've already learnt to be more vigilant!

PS. I'm almost finished the tank top I started knitting for Piper. I'm really hoping to buckle down and have it finished by Friday. If not, I'll definitely have it down by May 5th.

3 comments:

Lena B, Actually said...

Post pics of the top you've knitted! :)
Lucky you're getting help with potty training through your daycare! Piper's a smart girl, she'll have it all figured out in no time!

Anonymous said...

Yes - post them! I want to see this little top! I can just picture you now, sitting at work and wondering about her at daycare with the potty training!

ashley said...

Good girl Piper! I definitely want to see the top please. :)

Tagged you in a post...
http://smithjohnston.blogspot.com/2011/04/10-things-i-love.html