Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Like Mother, Like Daughter

It's a long running joke in my family that I use to like to sleep with inanimate objects. For example, I had a Santa Claus candle that I brought everywhere with me and just had to sleep with it. Also, my parents would have to put me to bed with my toy vacuum cleaner - this toy was probably the same length as me, and plastic and hard - but they would tuck it in beside me.....

Well... the apple doesn't fall from the tree.

Piper's grandma (my mother in-law) gave her a miniature singing Santa yesterday morning and when it came to bed time last night Piper brought her Santa to bed with her.... tucked him in, gave him a kiss, and for the very first time said 'I love you' to her Santa. I'll admit that it was funny but I was little sad! She's only had this Santa for 12 hours... what am I chop liver!?

She laid down beside the Santa, looked at him and said 'Shhh... dodo!' I tucked her in and left the room. She laid there for maybe a couple of minutes before making her way into our bed. Luckily, she left Santa behind.

2 comments:

Lena B, Actually said...

That's too cute! I remember that candle and that vacuum cleaner! ;)

Ashley said...

Haha..that's so funny and too adorable. Great seeing you on the weekend!