Tuesday, November 16, 2010

No.# 38 and No.# 64 - COMPLETED

This past weekend I was able to scratch two items off my 101 list. Number 38 and Number 64!
http://dayzeroproject.com/user/Mom2Piper

No.38 - Paint my nails a dark color. Simple enough!
I probably haven't painted my finger nails any color since childhood. I'm a big time nail bitter and always thought nail polish looked so bad at my fingers. Especially, since they were chewed and so short. I've been getting my nails done by my Aunt Lynn since the beginning of October right before my sister's wedding and I've been keeping them the natural color of the acrylic nail but this Saturday I threw away my routine and put on 'We'll always have Paris.'
And I'm loving this color! Also, it makes me feel a bit older more like grown-up having nice nails!!




No. 64 - Try to make homemade beans - A scary task; because you never hear of anyone beans the best beans ever...you usually hear, 'these beans are good' or 'not the worse beans I've had'....

Saturday night I made sure I had all ingredients for my new adventure. I was using a recipe I found online and adding a few steps from the back of the bean bag! Which is very unlike me, I usually have to follow each step careful and never stray from the recipe.
Sunday morning, I woke up turn my slow cooker on, added all the ingredients, gave it one good stir before leaving for the day. When I returned home, there was nice aroma in the house and Chris even mention that my bean smelt good!
Chris then left for his last afternoon of hunting for the season and Piper and I were left at home. By 4:45pm, Piper was hungry and starting to climb her high chair. I put together her her supper; veggies, scallop potatoes, ham and of course a very small amount of beans. As usual, Piper eats her veggies first and then she started eating her potatoes, I was curious to see if she would eat the beans (side note: this beans have not been taste tested because I DO NOT eat beans); so I took her fork and placed one teeny-tiny bean on it and then put it her mouth...she quickly spit the one bean out and start to gag! she continued to gag until she vomited all of her veggies - she has never done this before! and I took this as a sign that my beans were not good. Chris arrived home 5 - 10 minutes later and I told him the story and told him that I would be fine if he didn't eat any of the beans. Chris fixed himself a plate and ate the beans, he said that he was very surprised that they actually turned out so well. YAY! He ate everything and went back to the kitchen for seconds, and only took beans! double YAY!
I then went on to ask him to rate my beans! and he told me for my first time attempting to make beans he said that they were very good and not to lose my list because he would offer my name at the next family meal to make beans! He want on to give me an 8 out of 10! TRIPLE YAY!

1 comment:

Lena B, Actually said...

Love dark polish! Keep it up.

Also, you should have brought some beans over to me... I LOVE beans!