Monday, June 6, 2011

Relay For Life 2011

This year I took on the responsibility as Team Captain and put together a great team. I'm so proud and happy about the great work my team 'The Chest Club' did! For our first year, we brought in with our pledge money and luminaries money $1980.00!! Hopefully, next year we will be able to top that!!!

From the time the relay started at 7pm until 7am, two members from our team were constantly on the path walking!!! A few our team members took a well deserve nap but we did (incl myself) have some real troopers that stayed up the entire 12 hours. Afterall, cancer never sleeps!

The Chest Club - 2011
During the check presentation, not sure if it was the lack of sleep or the generosity of the people from our community but the Pontiac Relay for Life was able to raise a grand total of 102, 127.00 for the Canadian Cancer Society. We surpass our goal that was placed of $90,000.00. I was definitely getting choked up and my eyes started to fill with tears!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Way to go - really thinking of doing this next year!

Shannon said...

Right on!! So glad your time as Team Leader paid off - we're putting a team in next year!