Thursday, January 13, 2011

Way Overdue...

This past Sunday, one of my best friends from high school Shannon and her boyfriend Casey came over for a visit and supper. During, high school Shannon and I were really close but as usual a couple years after school we ended up going our separate ways... we did however, keep in contact through emails and of course the infamous facebook...but it truly wasn't the 'same' anymore.

I really don't know why we hadn't planned a get-together sooner but I'm glad that we came up with the great idea on a Tuesday and everything fell into place for the following Sunday. I was finally going to meet her boyfriend Casey and really get to know him. And I was beyond excited to finally introduce her to Piper. Piper is nearly 20 months old  and Shannon had only ever saw pictures and only knew the things that I would say about Piper - which every mother makes their child sound perfect in many, many ways.

To be honest, I was a little nervous before them arriving... I was afraid that we would have not a whole lot to talk about - let's me honest it's easier to keep a conversation going by email then in person - and I was afraid that it would be the same... but boy, was I wrong and I'm glad that I was wrong! I had a great time chit-chatting in person and getting caught up with each others lives in person and not through a computer! We will definitely have to plan something for the near future again!

On a side note - Shannon had return to me our purple book that we had in high school...we would write notes/letters to each other and pass to the back back in forth. The book lasted about 2 years...and oh my god! were we ever lame. I'm still not finished reading through the entire thing but to read about our lives back them! It makes me laugh out loud and I can't believe the things that use to worry me. Those things are peanuts compare to real world worries that I deal with now!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I can't believe you were nervous for me to get there! Hahaha that's funny! It was such a fun visit tooand I'm SO glad I finally got to meet little Miss Piper - her pictures do her no justice, that's for sure!
Thanks for having us over - we need to set up a date for Wild Wing :)