Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pregnancy Update

Yesterday, I had my very first prenatal appointment. My lovely, doctor has decided to my estimate due date will be July 7, 2012 on paper. So as of today, I'm 11 weeks, 4 days.

The appointment was routine and not overly exciting. He is putting in the referral for my 20 week ultrasound that can be done anytime after February 2nd. At this point, if Chris and I want we will be able to find out the gender. Still undecided.....

At first my doctor wasn't going to try to listen for the heartbeat because he usually doesn't like to listen before 12 weeks BUT because I had an extremely full bladder he decided to try... and of course, it couldn't find the heartbeat. He doesn't seemed worried and said we will definitely hear it next time....but of course, I'm already starting to feel paranoid and uneasy. I almost wish he wouldn't have tried to listen for it. So, now I'll be counting and waiting for January 19th for my next appointment.

3 comments:

Jill said...

I'm sure feeling paranoid and nervous is normal, especially after what you've been through...I'm sure this time everything will be fine! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm with Jill on this - keep calm and stay relaxed. I'm sure everything is fine :)

Jennifer said...

I totally understand the uneasy feeling. I'm at 13 weeks 3 days and at my last appointment the dr was able to definitely hear 1 heartbeat but couldn't guarantee me that the "other" one he picked up was the 2nd baby or if it was still the first he had heard. Our ultrasound isn't until Jan.23rd and I am impatient for it and very nervous too. I keep expecting the worst but hoping for the best!