Monday, September 26, 2011

A quick fix?

DeeDee (my parents dog) has some issues going on with her ear. I believe, that she somehow got a scratch in her ear... but it's not healing well because she keeps scratching at it(everyone knows how itchy a healing wound can be.) My mom brought DeeDee to the vet and all the vet told my mom was to keep it clean and put cream on it. Okay, good luck...this dog will not lay down all nice and quietly to let someone clean (poke around in there). On Saturday night, it took myself, both my parents and our little helper Piper to get DeeDee's ear well cleaned.

My mom had tried all week to make a homemade cone (i wish I would have taken a picture) to put on DeeDee but then my mom was worried that she couldn't eat or drink so off came the cone! So our quick fix... maybe put socks on the dog, that way if she scratched alt east she would  feel some type of relief but her nails won't do any more damage to the wound.

We'll putting socks on a dog isn't an easy tasks! And then we all had a blond moment and couldn't remember if dogs used their front paws or back paws to scratch so all four paws got some socks.

For the life of me, I'm trying to get the picture of DeeDee off my phone onto here! But of course, I'm not having any such luck :(

No comments: